AlbaSim designs and develops Serious Games for training in academic and professional environments.
Our Research & Development activity includes developing authoring tools for serious games, integrating serious games and active pedagogies, using serious games as a basis for resolving real-world problems, analyzing the impact of using serious games.
AlbaSim is a research entity of the Media Engineering Institute of HEIG-VD (Switzerland).
Objectives, means and tools
Develop pedagogical approaches fostering:
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The development of analysis, synthesis and evaluation skills
- The concomitant acquisition of hard and soft skills
Use serious games in training as a means to:
- Simulate concrete practical cases
- Increase learning motivation
- Allow errors to be made inside simulations rather than in reality
The Wegas authoring system developed in our institute, to facilitate access to serious games:
- Costs reduction
- Rapid prototyping
- Simplified game customization